Urgent Public Health Notice
Governor Mike DeWine in Executive Order 2020-01D issued on March 9, 2020 has declared a State of Emergency. We are reviewing our operations at the Vermilion Municipal Court. We are trying to balance the developing public health concerns of the general public against the legal requirements, of handling our case load.
Unless and until notified otherwise, we remain open to accept filings and conduct scheduled hearings and court appearances. We are nevertheless mindful of the public health concerns raised by the COVID-19 disease. Lawyers, their clients and the public must carefully monitor and evaluate their own health situations. The Court will grant requests if there are legitimate health concerns.
Please do not hesitate to bring any concerns or questions to the attention of our Court staff, This includes determining whether a personal appearance is required or there are can be another reasonable accommodation. An alternative to requesting a continuance might be possible under certain circumstances.
- What if I need to pay a ticket or fine?
- You can pay tickets online (www.vermilionmunicipalcourt.org), by phone, or by mail. If you would like to pay a ticket by phone, call (877) 793-7938 to pay using a Visa or MasterCard.
- If you cannot pay a ticket or fine, please call the Vermilion Municipal Court at (440) 204-2430 to learn about other options such as setting up a payment plan.
- What if I have an appointment with my probation officer?
- As soon as feasible, we are extending telephone reporting to as many probation clients as possible. Please report per your regular schedule until contacted with more information. If you have questions or are not able to make an appointment, please contact probation at (440) 204-2468.
- What other steps is the court taking?
- Vermilion Municipal Court is taking precautions to maintain a safe and healthy court environment for all court participants, visitors and staff in response to COVID-19. We actively coordinate with other governmental and public health agencies to ensure that we are following up to date guidance.
- We are disinfecting doors and handles, and surfaces in public areas of the courthouse. Visitors are encouraged to make use of the hand sanitizer dispensers located in the lobby and courtroom.
- As always, wash your hands often, avoid touching your face, and cover coughs and sneezes. Additional guidance on how to protect yourself and others is available by calling the Erie County Health Department at (419) 626-5623.
- Due to the rapidly changing situation we will post updates as necessary.
To provide a forum to the public for a peaceful resolution of disputes in a fair, efficient and timely manner.
The Vermilion Municipal Court is located at 687 Decatur Street. The Vermilion Municipal Court has territorial jurisdiction within the municipal corporation of the City of Vermilion, as well as Vermilion Township, Florence Township in Erie County and Brownhelm Township in Lorain County.
We have developed this website for your convenience and information. The Internet provides our Court with an additional means to communicate with the public and provide information about the Court.
Court HoursMonday - Wednesday, Friday
8:00a.m. - 4:00p.m.
Thursday 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
The Court will be closed on all holidays recognized by the City of Vermilion.
Court Address687 Decatur Street
Vermilion, Ohio 44089
Phone (440) 204-2430
Fax (440) 204-2431
JurisdictionCity of Vermilion
(Erie and Lorain County)
Important Phone Numbers
|Clerk's Office||(440) 204-2430|
|Violations Bureau||ext. 436|
|Traffic & Criminal||ext. 434|
|Civil/Small Claims/Garnishments||ext. 437|
|General Questions||ext. 435|
|Juror Line||(440) 204-2477|
|Payment Call Center||(440) 434-1488|
|Beth Beatty, Chief Probation Officer||(440) 204-2468|
|New Year's Day||January 1st|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||January 21st|
|Presidents' Day||February 18th|
|Good Friday||April 19th (1/2 day)|
|Memorial Day||May 27th|
|Independence Day||July 4th|
|Labor Day||September 2nd|
|Columbus Day||October 14th|
|Veteran's Day||November 11th|
|Thanksgiving Day||November 28th|
|Day After Thanksgiving||November 29th|
|Christmas Eve||December 24th (1/2 day)|
|Christmas Day||December 25th|
|W. Zack Dolyk||Judge|
|Tamara Horton||Clerk of Court||(440) 204-2432|
|Beth Beatty||Probation Officer||(440) 204-2468|
|Michelle Fiegelist||Chief Deputy Clerk||(440) 204-2435|
|Danelle Supeck||Deputy Clerk - Civil Division||(440) 204-2437|
|Stephanie Lukovics||Deputy Clerk - Traffic/Criminal Division||(440) 204-2434|
|Lexi Bailey||Bailiff/Court Security Officer|
|Van Mis||Court Security Officer|
|Prosecutor's Office||(440) 204-2462|
|Sara J. Fagnilli||Prosecutor|
|Danelle Supeck||Prosecutor's Administrative Assistant|
|Mayor's Office||(440) 204-2402|
|Vermilion Police Department||(440) 967-6116|
Notice to Website Users
Legal Disclaimer: The user of this system is hereby notified that any reliance on the data displayed on the screen is at your own risk. Information on the system may be altered, amended, or modified without notice. The VMC is not responsible for any virus that may be on this website. Use of this website is at your own risk and the VMC will not be held responsible for any damage that may occur to your computer system from your use of the website.
The Vermilion Municipal Court has joined with nCourt to handle all credit card transactions. A credit card processing fee will be added to all credit card transactions.
The Vermilion Municipal Court utilizes a collection service for its outstanding delinquent fines.
If you believe you have a delinquent fine, call the Court at (440) 204-2430 to make arrangements for payment and avoid collection.
If you wish to make payment by phone, you can reach our payment call center at (440) 434-1488.
Vermilion Municipal Court now accepts payments of fines online. Click here to find your case and make a payment.
As an aid for the recovery of outstanding fees and costs, the Court is now utilizing Capital Recovery Systems, Inc. If our collections agency has contacted you and you would like to make a payment, you may pay online through the court website; by mail, or in person at the Municipal Court. Payments may also be made by accessing the "Make a Payment" section of the Capital Recovery Systems, Inc. web site.
Court Security Information
Everyone entering the Vermilion Municipal Court will be required to pass through security control located at the front door. This control point is equipped with a magnetometer. If you are carrying anything which can be construed as a weapon, such as a penknife, knitting needles, scissors or box cutters, you MUST take it back to your vehicle. If you are found to be carrying a weapon which is illegal to carry or posses, it will be confiscated and you may be arrested.
The security officer may also pass a hand wand around your person to determine the reason for the alarm.
The security standards and measures employed by the Court are designed to intercept and remove individuals and items that may represent a threat to the peace, order, and dignity of the Court. They are designed to provide appropriate protection for all those using the Court facility while allowing the Court to remain accessible to the community.